Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love... Eyebrow Threading at Ottoman3 at Myer Highpoint


Over the weekend I headed to Highpoint where I had my eyebrows threaded at Ottoman3. I’m sure no-one knows what I am talking about by eyebrow threading but soon enough you will.

It is an ancient technique for removing unwanted hair from the brow area and in turn, achieving sharp, defined brow lines.

The below image should give you a bit of an idea of the technique used, but it basically consists of an eyebrow artist using their fingers to twist and loop a thread which in turn removes the hairs one by one.



It originated in India and spread to the Middle East before being adopted by Western Europeans and becoming a hugely popular choice for hair removal. Many celebrities such as the Beckhams, Brad Pitt and Salma Hayek swear by it and have it done regularly to maintain the shape of their brows.

In my opinion it was only slightly less painful than waxing, but the result was much better- my brows were left looking really well defined and had a great shape.

The
Ottoman3 brow bar is currently only open at Myer Highpoint but after a very successful start, there are plans to expand into Myer stores nationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment